Monday, July 2, 2012

May 28, 2012



Hello everyone



Hopefully everyone has had a good Memorial day weekend because I totally forgot all about it. Sounds like the weather hasn't been too great though.


It's been really warm here, too warm. It's a completely different kind of heat. I walk outside and I'm sweating like crazy. It's been nothing but sunshine for over a week. That must be some sort of record or something. Someone from England told me a joke, they said "I remember summer last year. I think it was on a Wednesday." haha It'll probably be snowing tomorrow, you can never predict the weather here.


This week has been really difficult. We've just been a really bad slump. Some sad news, we lost Gerald...again. He just randomly told us that he didn't want to meet with us anymore and that he wasn't coming to church. It was pretty heart breaking. It's been extremely frustrating these past few weeks. Everything is just piling on top of each other. We've got nothing right now. We spend most of our time trying to find people to teach.


Transfers are coming up next Wednesday! It's gone by quick. I'll most likely be leaving Stockport for somewhere else. It's weird to think about. It could be anywhere with anyone. Change is a good think though. It allows us to grow which is something I feel like i haven't been doing a lot of lately. Things need to change.


This weekend i had the chance to go on exchange with Elder Herrin who is the new District Leader since Elder Corbin left. It was the third exchange with him. We have a lot of fun together. He really knows how to make the work fun, something I'm lacking right now. It was a good learning experience.


I've been studying like crazy these last few months. I feel like my knowledge of the Gospel and the scriptures has improved dramatically. I love study! Here is something I found by President Eyring.


The fellowship of the unashamed


I am part of the Fellowship Of The Unashamed.


The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made.


I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.


I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still.


My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure.


I am finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.


I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.


I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded.


I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power.


My face is set, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear.


I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed.


I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.


I won't give up, shut up, or let up until i have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ.


I must go till he comes, give till i drop, preach till I know, and work until he stops me.


And when he returns for his own, he will have no problem recognizing me.


MY BANNER WILL BE CLEAR!


- Henry B. Eyring




This church is true! I love you all so much. I'll talk to you on Wednesday or Thursday. Probably from a new area!


Love Elder Ford


Pictures:
1. Stockport district 2.0. (with president and sister preston)
2. Stockport bridge.
3. Macnchester City Football Club logo. ( we went to the team shop)
4. Denby lane! We walk down it almost daily!
5. Walking down Denby lane.












No comments:

Post a Comment