Monday, April 15, 2013


April 15, 2013

Hey Everyone!
 
Wow it's been a pretty crazy week. Elder Sutton and I feel like we've been all over the place this week. It's been a bit of a trying time as well. We've learned about quite a few missionaries in our zone who are struggling a bit. We've been fasting and parying for different ways to help. We went on an exchange this week with one of them and we should be going on a few more in the coming weeks. I'm really learning a lot about how to love people. Elder Sutton is such a great example of that. In the past I only loved those I chose to love, everyone else I was bothered about. It sounds horrible I know. That's changed a lot for me throughout this last year. It's really crazy the things you learn out here. It blows me away when I think about it a lot.
 
I love serving with Elder Sutton. It's so fun serving with someone in your own group and someone you feel like you know so well. We're both praying for a 2nd transfer together. :) These last few days we've been going through our journals seeing where we were at this time last year. We've had some good laughs reading through our new missionaries worries and experiences. Things like refusing to put a side part in my hair. haha. We're both loving the work right now. I feel like this is kind of my prime time in the mission. Summer is coming up, I'm serving with another experienced missionary. The work is going to explode.
 
Things are going well with all the people we're teaching. Lisa is doing great!(She usually reads this once it goes up on hte blog. HI lisa!) haha. We went to the mission home fireside with her last night. I love those firesides. It's pretty much a testimony meeting for people who are learning about the church. Recent converts get up and share their testimonies and experiences. All the missionaries are usualyl crowded in the kitchen because there isn't enough room so it just becomes a missionary reunion! It was good to see a lot of the missionaries that I hadn't seen for a long time.
 
I still haven't seen Elder Hollands most recent talk. I was devasted when we didn't get to watch it. I've read over bits of it though. It sounds so good!
 
"Brothers and sisters, this is a divine work in process, with the manifestations and blessings of it abounding in every direction, so please don’t hyperventilate if from time to time issues arise that need to be examined, understood, and resolved. They do and they will. In this Church, what we know will always trump what we do not know. And remember, in this world, everyone is to walk by faith.
So be kind regarding human frailty—your own as well as that of those who serve with you in a Church led by volunteer, mortal men and women. Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we."
Enough said! Well I can't remember too much else of what happened this week. My brain is fried! I hope you all have an amazin week. Love you all!
Elder Ford
P.s. we just moved into a new flat. here's our address!
2 Manchester Court, Federation Road, Burslem, ST6 4HT, England

No comments:

Post a Comment