Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Nov 29, 2013

Hi everyone,

I realize it's been over two weeks since I emailed. It's been the craziest two weeks of my life. I don't think I've ever had more things to do and not enough time to do it. We had a full week of zone conferences with Elder Teixera, the Europe area president and that week blew my mind. 

We met him at the mission home the very first night he came in and he talked to Elder Cox and I for almost an our about our area and how our work was going. We've been caught up in a lot of administration things so obviously our area wasn't that great. Pretty much non-existent. He corrected us and told is we needed to do better and then challenged us in our busiest week of the transfer to double our numbers.(Our Previous week wasn't that bad either). With a lot of prayer we were able to accomplish the goal though. He was very hard on our companionship specifically. We had interactions with him several times throughout each day he was here and he always took time to teach us and raise our visions. The last day he did interviews with Elder Cox and I at his hotel and he recorded them so he could use them for future training. The mission has been changed because of that week of zone conferences.

We came out of that week dead tired. Not much sleep, not much food, but it was a very successful week. We did our next upcoming tranfer planning with President Preston for an entire day. It was a pretty spiritual experience to be able to seek revelation on which areas and assignments specific missionaries might need.

Transfers have come and gone (Wednesday). We'll be in a trio for the rest of my mission. Our new companions name is Elder Debenham. He is from Sandy, Utah. We'll be in the trio until I go home on the 27th and then Elder Cox and Elder Debenham will just stay together. It's been loads of fun already and we've been able to get loads of work done. This last month is going to be the most effective time of my entire mission. It's great being in a trio. I got to go with President Preston back to Liverpool to the Baptisms of two people I taught there and Elder Cox and ElderDebenham stayed and got a lot of work done in the area. We're seeing loads of miracles as well.

God has been really good to me on my mission. I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had and the people I've met for anything. Thank you all for all that you do. Love you loads!

Elder Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment