Tuesday, March 6, 2012


Hello everyone! :)


I hope everyone has had an amazing week! things have been going pretty good out here. The work is just moving along!


On Monday night we met with a less active man in the ward named Robert. He blew me away! He had such a strong testimony! he served his mission about ten years ago and he just shared all his experiences with us. it was amazing. He said he just got burnt out of actually attending church. So Elder Corbin and I decided, if he loves missionary work so much, let's get him to work with us. haha. We're going to teach an investigator in his home tonight and we're going to get him to go out tracting with us. He really loves having us around. I think it just takes him back to so many good memories that he had on his mission. He's so close to coming back!


We also had our Specialized trainings this week with the entire zone. Best part of it was of course receiving the mail. ahaha. The package from Mom and Dad was amazing. There's nothing like American candy and food. :) The food out here is not even close to as good as American food. I would kill for some Cafe Rio and Panda Express. Don't take it for granted! haha. I also got quite a few letters which was really nice. The only bad thing is that we only have our conferences about every two and half weeks so you don't get mail to often. don't hesitate to send letters to the flat. I'll be there for at least another eight weeks, probably longer. I couldn't believe how much shipping was! Rip off.


I had my first exchange this week as well. I was with Elder Herrin from Sandy, Utah. Exchanges are the best. You get an opportunity to see how other missionaries work and pick up on little tricks that that work for them. I've already learned more in these last few weeks than i have in my entire life!


There are definitely some hard days though. I swear sometimes the whole country must wake up and decide to be grumpy some mornings. haha. probably the lack of sunlight. some days no one wants to hear us. we'll have people yelling at us to go get jobs and stuff like that. haha. On the days were there is heavy opposition is when we see miracles though. We know Satan is just trying to discourage us because something really good is about to happen. We just push through it.


We also got a new senior missionary couple in our area! They're amazing! They had us over for dinner then went and fellowshipped at a lesson with us. They have insights and advice that no 19 year old missionary could provide. they're going to help out here so much!


The investigator we're really working with right now is Stephen. He's dated for baptism on the 17th and he's already attended church twice. He has a strong desire to follow Christ and be baptized. Our challenge as missionaries is to make sure he understands what we're teaching him...a lot harder than it sounds haha. the first few times we met with him he didn't understand anything we said. it's been a real learning experience for both of us. We're going to try and meet with him 4 times a week to make sure he's ready for his day. Pray for him and us!


We got the approval on March 1st that we didn't need to wear our suit jackets anymore! i was so excited! I've been trying to look for another suit but all the stores don't have any that fit me. i need a tailor and they're REAL expensive. I was looking for a nice grey one but no luck. luckily we only have to wear suits to our church meetings until November so i won't need to worry about it for a while.


Things are going real good out here. I Love and miss everyone so much. I pray for you everyday, don't forget to pray for me and the people of Stockport too! Keep me updated with everything that's going on. Love you all


Love Elder Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment