Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Aug 30, 2012

hello everyone,

This next transfer is going to be a crazy one!I'm transferred to.... the mission office! I was shocked. it was the last place i expected to go. my companion is Elder Barnes from Rigby, Idaho. He is in my same group. I don't have much time today because there is so much stuff we have to get done. This is going to be a far different experience than the rest of my mission so far. Doing office work, and driving all over the mission fixing things.

This might be training me to be a professional mover or something because we've already moved two sets of missionaries! haha. So weird...

Speak to you soon.

Love, Elder Ford


Sep 1, 2012


Hey everyone

Sorry the last email was so short. Things have been crazy here. We've driven over 400 miles in 2 days! I've pretty much already seen the entire mission. This next transfer or two is going to be very different than the last few. 

My companion is Elder Barnes. He is from Rigby, Idaho and is in the same M.T.C group as I am so it should be pretty fun. These last few days we've been up to the northern half of the mission and the very southern half. We've also been on the coast in Wales. We had 20 new missionaries come in the transfer and a lot of new areas opened up so we have a lot of work to do. 

I'm not sure exactly why I've been put here yet. I'm not sure if it's training me to be a professional mover or something. I've never moved so many mattresses in my life! haha. I've also had to build a few bunk buds so i got to practice my handy man skills.(which I really don't have). We've been driving up and down the mission in our gray van (her name is Flo) helping out other missionaries. We're kind of like the mission emergency service. Example: first day, we get a call at 7:00 in the morning, someones phone isn't working. So we had to drive and deliver them. It's crazy. We hardly have any time to proselyte though. 

We have an area. It's a town called Macclesfield in the southern half of Manchester. It actually borders the far end of the Stockport boundaries. We don't get to spend much time there though doing normal missionay work. We either running up and down the mission, or doing office work. They have a bunch of projects they have us on I guess. Not sure what those are yet though. haha I'm pretty clueless. I just get in the van and go.

We really don't have a P-day in the office. Things are all over the place. We've been told to have a P-day whenever we have time so emails may come at random times during the week. Also since I'll be in the mission office quite a bit you can just send all post to the office address. I hope everyone is having an amazing week! I LOVE YOU!

Love Elder Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment