Tuesday, September 11, 2012


Sept 10, 2012


Dearest family and friends

This week was pretty good. We've been keeping pretty busy here. There's a lot to get done but not enough hours in a day. It's really the first time in my life i've wished that the days could be longer. But we're managin with the time we have.

We were able to travel up to the northern half of misison this past week. I saw A LOT of the coast. We travelled up to Kendal in the Lake district then to Barrow-In-Furness, then to Blackpool. It's was really good weather and I got a few nice pictures. We stopped on the side of hte road real quick and i picked up a seashell as well. haha.

This last sunday I gave my first talk in Sacrament meeting in the mission field. I've been able to escape for 8 months but they finally got me. Luckily I was the 3rd speaker and only had ten minutes. It was really easy because my topic was prayer and the holy ghost. It was just like I was teaching an investigator...instead there was jsut 75 of them. No big deal. The Macclesfiled ward is fantastic. It's the closest thing to our ward back home that i've been in so far. The poeple here really are like one big family. Everything meshes together very nicely. 

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming week. I sat down with President Preston today for a little while. I wanted to be able to see what his expectations were for me and what his vision was for me in the office. We talked about how being an Office Elder in the mission is viewed as kind of a negative thing because of some of the missionaries that have been here in the past. He told me he sent me here to do missionary work. We're really going to try and re-organize the way we do the work here. Things have really slipped from what they used to be. 

I feel very strongly that there is someone here in Macclesfield that is ready to be baptized. President has given us some very good names of people for us to stop by. We're going to make it happen. Keep us in your prayers. Thank you for all of your support. I LOVE YOU!

Love Elder Ford

Pictures:
1. The View of Macclesfield
2. "Mattress toss"
3. English coast
4. our mobile home
5. Elder Barnes and I
6. Pondering
7. Classic










No comments:

Post a Comment