Tuesday, April 2, 2013


April 2, 2013

Hey Everyone,
 
Sorry for not emailing yesterday. It was a Holiday(Easter Monday?) so everything was shut down. It's been a really busy week here in Newcastle. There's been a lot of really good things going on. I'm loving serving with Elder Sutton. It's honestly like serving with one of your best friends. So much fun!
 
We've seen some big progress this week with a lady we're teaching named Lisa. A few years back she had some bad experiences with religion that made her bitter with God. She convinced herself that god wasn't there. Her son ended up getting baptized awhile back so that's how she came into contact with missionaries. She's been looking for reasons to not believe in the church but the other night she stayed up reading the Book of Mormon for 4 hours! She told us the next lesson that she knew it was true. It was crazy. The spirit was so strong. She's going to get married to her partner on May 25 then after that she'll be baptized.
 
I'm starting to get a feel for the area. Newcastle borders another pretty big city called Stoke-on-Trent. It has a pretty big shopping mall so I'll probably leave Newcastle with my pockets a bit lighter. The English style is just too good. Feel free to send me money :) Just kidding...you can if you want though.
 
Easter was great here. Elder Sutton did a musical item for Sacrament meeting. He's a way good singer. He's going to try and teach me but I'm pretty hopeless. We'll see how that goes. Honestly this week was such a blur. I don't remember much that happened. It seems like I don't even have time to think anymore. haha. Well I hope everyone is doing great. I love you all! Have an amazing week and I'll speak to you on Monday.
 
P.S Get ready for General Conference!
 
Love Elder Ford
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment