Tuesday, April 2, 2013


March 28, 2013

Hey everyone,
 
Well another transfer has come and gone. Elder Peterson and I saw a lot of miracles and a lot of good things happen in St. Helens, But now it's on to a new adventure with some new responsibilities. I've been transferred to area number six! The City of Newcastle-under-lyme.  Odd name I know. It's about an hour and half south of Manchester. This is the furthest south in the mission that I've been so far. I'm serving with one of my best friends in the mission! Elder Sutton from Centerville, Utah. We're in the same M.T.C group and he was one of the first people I met at the airport in Salt Lake to leave for England. We sat by each other on both flights here so we've had a really great friendship our entire missions. I was so excited when I got the transfer call to find out we were together. There was ample amounts of fist pumping, needless to say. haha. My U.K driving license will get put to good use as well because we have a car. English roads can be pretty dodgy, buckle up.
 
I wasn't expecting to leave St. Helens at all. I've now had two, six week areas. Pretty crazy. Elder Sutton is my 10th companion as well. I'll be serving around some former companions as well so I'll get a chance to go on a few exchanges with them. Pretty exciting! This transfer is only a 5 weeks transfer so it'll go by pretty quick. It's going to be a fun transfer.
 
We had our transfer meeting in Manchester yesterday. 27 new missionaries and only two going home. We opened up a lot of new areas. I think we have over 30 coming in next transfer as well. The work is picking up. It's an exciting time to be a missionary.
 
The Easter season here in England is huge. There are a lot of holidays this weekend. Because it's a special time a year for us, we've been studying the last week of the savior's life as a mission and on Saturday to commemorate the gospel being preached to the spirits in prison on the Saturday after the Crucifixion, we're doing a consecrated finding day. We we dedicate the entire day to finding new people. We'll be hitting the pavement hard! It should be a day full of miracles.
 
Well nothing much else to report here. Things are going great. I'm just trying to find my way around in a new area. Luckily we have a G.P.S, i don't really pay attention to it though. We've taken all kinds of wrong turns already haha. I'll talk to you on Monday again! Love you!
 
Love Elder Ford
 

No comments:

Post a Comment