Tuesday, June 18, 2013

May 2, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Well Another transfer has come and gone. That was probably the fastest transfer of my mission. I'm Staying here in Newcastle but I have a new companion. His name is Elder Leimgrub and he's from Munich Germany. I've had the chance to work around him a bit before so I already know him a bit. This is his last transfer in the mission and his first transfer as zone leader so there is a bit more pressure on me to show him the ropes of the new assignment. I'm still trying to figure it out myself!

Elder Sutton and I were a bit devastated that we're not serving together for another transfer. We may get to serve together again though, who knows. I'll be praying for it :) The past few days have been really hectic. They're opening up a new area in Newcastle ward that is Chinese speaking! We got two new Elders in yesterday, the only problem is their flat isn't ready yet. haha They've been sleeping and studying on the floor. They have a big challenge ahead of them. They are literally starting from nothing. Right from the ground up. It must be kind of what the first missionaries here in England felt like. Pretty Daunting. They'll do great though.

I'm really excited for the upcoming transfer though. There are a lot of challenges and growing opportunities ahead. I can feel some learning experiences coming on. This past week and a half has been a blur though. Well thanks for everything. I love you all so much. Next Monday is a Bank Holiday so I'll be emailing on Tuesday. Speak to you then.

Love Elder Skyler Ford


No comments:

Post a Comment