Sunday, November 24, 2013

Aug 27, 2013


HEY!

Wow this transfer has flown by. It's already the last full week of the transfer. Transfers are next Wednesday. Not sure what will happen though. A lot of things are up in the air. Sorry I didn't get to email yesterday. It was a lame "Bank Holiday" so everything was closed. We had a really good week though. Super busy. We spent a lot of our time doing service. By the time I leave Liverpool I'll probably have enough work experience to be a professional mover, and painter. Seriously though.

The church history tour was pretty good. It was basically a refresher of all the same sights I saw when we did the tour in the M.T.C. They stopped doing the tour in the M.T.C a while ago so it was the first time for the majority of the mission to see all the sights. Made me feel old. We started at the docks in Liverpool, Then went to Preston where the first missionaries came, we saw President Hinckley's house where he lived on his mission, we saw the River Ribble where the first baptisms were, and we went to Downham. Downham is a small village where the apostles went a baptized the majority of the village. Most of the day was riding on a coach from place to place so it was a good time to catch up with missionaries who I hadn't seen for awhile.

Other than that things in our area are still going well. Shannon is progressing towards her baptism on the 13 of September and we're still looking for more people to teach. We got to go to the temple yesterday. It was sooo good! It felt like a totally new experience. I got a lot of answers to some of the questions I had. I've been taught a lot about humility this last week. Elder Walker and I have made that a focus because to be honest it's not one of our strongest attributes. haha. I did a few studies on it this week and my mind keeps coming back to some things I read in Deuteronomy 8. Here are the verses I liked.

10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee.
 11 Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his statutes, which I command thee this day:
 12 Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;
 13 And when thy herds and thy flocks multiply, and thy silver and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied;
 14 Then thine heart be lifted up, and thou cforget the Lord thy God, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;
 15 Who led thee through that great and terrible wilderness, wherein were fiery aserpents, and scorpions, and drought, where there was no water; who brought thee forth cwater out of the rock of flint;
 16 Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
 17 And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.
 18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
 19 And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the Lord thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.
It's pretty straight forward. We always need to remember Who it is who gives us all we have. Humilty is remembering. Pride is forgetting. I'm grateful that I was able to learn that now it;s up to me to apply it this week! Wish me luck. Thanks for all the support. I love you all!
Love Elder Ford
Pictures: 1. Race at the River Ribble. The day of the first baptisms they had a race to see who would get to go first. We did a reenactment. Elder Walker won easily. haha
2. The Liverpool Docks.










No comments:

Post a Comment