Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fruits of the first week April 16th


April 16, 2012


Hello Everyone!

Things have been going very well here! It's good to hear you are all doing so well!

WE HAD HERMANS BAPTISM ON THURSDAY! It was sooo good! Herman is going to do great. We're trying to convince him to serve a mission now. haha. Elder Corbin got to perform the baptism, and he did a great job. We were both feeling pretty pumped up after.

We'll have a few more this coming Saturday as well. Stockport will have 3 new members, possibly 4! Sophie and Katelyn Ruddick, who have been teaching (8 and 10 years old), another girl that Elder and Sister Forsyth, the senior couple, has been teaching, and possibly Stephen. It should be a pretty good day! haha. Elder Corbin will baptize Sophie, and I'll be baptizing Katelyn.

With all the success we've been having there has been a serious increase in the opposition we've been facing! We've been on some pretty sour buses. Some people just like to yell. haha. Friday night was especially bad. We were on our way to the ward talent show and the opposition was pretty bad. Elder Corbin and I described it as "Hell On Wheels" haha. After getting off the bus we were feeling pretty down, then we got a phone call... It was Elder Corbin's dad! He was calling to tell him he was getting married! haha it was so unexpected! It changed both of our moods instantly.

I've been learning a lot about opposition. I've learned that there are two kinds. 1. From god to make you stronger and give you opportunities for growth, and 2. From Satan to try and stop you. It helps so much when you can just recognize and identify what kind of opposition it is.

That's pretty much all that's going on. haha. It's impossible to fit my entire week, and all the amazing, odd, and funny experiences you go through as a missionary into one email.

Quick update on the food. I've found some foods I'm definitely bringing home. Chicken Korma Curry( Indian Food). I can whip up a mean one.haha. My chef skills are developing nicely. Unfortunately it's not helping me put back on any weight. I've lost 20 pounds now!...Ridiculous! haha

It's weird to think that Wednesday is my 3 month mark. Time is flying by!

I love you all so much and I hope to here from you all very soon. Thank you for all your love and support. :)

Love Elder Ford

This picture made me think of the property

No comments:

Post a Comment