Wednesday, February 13, 2013

1/12/13

Hey Everyone,

I hope you've all had a good week. Not much new here. A lot of
finding. I just spent 45 minutes writing an email and then I
accidently deleted it. Pretty frustrating.

Elder Reali had his first experience with African food this week. It
was so funny because he doesn't do well with spicy food. We made sure
not to tell him what he was actually eating until he put it in his
mouth and actually started chewing.(It was cow liver). He ended up
spitting it back out.

On sunday Steve got the Aaronic Priesthood too. He was pretty
exctiited about that. He is just ready to get to the temple now! We've
been seeing a lot of success in Blackburn from working with Recent
Converts and Less-actives. The family I mentioned last week is doing
great. We're doing family home evening activites with them once a
week.

We've been hitting the pavement pretty hard this week trying to look
for new people. Everyone we've been teaching in the pat few months has
been baptized. Not that that's a bad thing of course. We've had a lot
of appointments fall through and a few investigators drop us. It's
been a bit of a challenge but we're moving forward.

It's crazy that it'll be exactly a year since leaving home on Friday
(18th). This past year has gone by so quickly. It's weird seeing all
of these missionaries who I know really well going home. Elder Corbin
leaves in February! Elder Chan is already gone. I'm realizing even
more now that I'm not a new missionary any more even though I still
feel like one.

The past year has been full of so many memorble experiences. A lot has
happened since leaving home. A lot of my priorities and attitudes have
shifted. I feel like a totally different person. My personality....Is
still pretty much the same. haha but that's o.k. The gospel is
designed to make turn you into the Very best YOU that you can be.

Thanks for all of the love and support over the past year. I'm looking
forward to another year full of experiences. Who knows what is in
store? Love you all!

Love Elder Ford

Pictures.
1. Elder Reali eating African food
2. Elder Adair ripped his trousers. so funny.
3. Elder Reali every morning. haha.






No comments:

Post a Comment