Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Oct 7, 2013

wow,
This past week was amazing! Literally so many miracles. Elder Duran and I had so many experiences this week where we were in awe or how God works with people. It was hard to sleep this week because of all the exciting things that have been going on.
We're teaching some amazing people. We started teaching three girls last week and they're all really good. They came to general conference and loved it. You can always put your money on the prophet! We have almost more people to teach than we can handle right now. We need more hours in the day but we're managing with what we have.
We got to go to the Isle of Man this week to work with the four missionaries there. It was so much fun! It was a bit of a long journey there, almost three hours on the ferry but we enjoyed it. The Isle is gorgeous. It rained the entire time but it was still super nice. I didn't get to see much of the island because we were there only for a few days and we stayed pretty central where we worked. It was definitely worth it though. I learned a lot that really helped me. I learned about the relationship between Diligence and Faith. There is a line in Preach My Gospel that says "Your faith will be manifest through Diligence and work." That really hit me when I read that. Before everything I did I asked myself "How can I show God my faith through my diligence?" It made all the difference. We were able to work super hard and found 2 new people for the Isle of Man Elders to start teaching.
General conference was great as well! My favorites were Jeffrey R. Holland and David A. Bednar. they were both really good. When David A. Bednar said "To those of you who are currently not living the Law of Tithing, I invite you to consider your ways, and repent!" all of the missionaries got super excited and starting going "Ohhhh!" haha it was more exciting than a touchdown or slam dunk for us. Missionaries are lame sometimes but I love it. Quoting old church movies and stuff like that. haha
Well thanks for all your love and support. Transfers are next Wednesday so I'm not sure what will be happening. Only time will tell. Love you!
Elder Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment